Shiny Wrinklers are Wrinklers that are whitish-gold in color. Normal Wrinklers give 1.1x the number of cookies they consume; Shiny Wrinklers are three times as powerful. They have a 1/10000 chance (0.01%) of spawning instead of a normal wrinkler.
This spreadsheet provides calculations on what amount of CpS is being generated with varying amounts of normal and shiny wrinklers, with or without various upgrades. For instance, 10 normal wrinklers (with no relevant upgrades) generate 6xCpS; if one of these wrinklers is shiny production will increase to 7.1xCpS. The maximum possible value is, in theory, a 30.52x multiplier, with 12 shiny wrinklers along with Wrinklerspawn, Sacrilegious Corruption and Skruuia, the Spirit of Scorn.
The shadow achievement Last Chance To See is given by popping a shiny wrinkler.
- The term "shiny" is a reference to Pokémon. In Pokémon there is an exceptionally small chance (Previously a 1/8192 chance, under normal conditions, now a 1/4096 chance) that a Pokémon will have a different color and sparkle. Those Pokémon are called Shiny Pokémon.
- "Last Chance To See" is a reference to a book by Douglas Adams about species on the brink of extinction.
- The Shiny Wrinkler takes about 3 times more clicks to burst than a normal Wrinkler.
- During Christmas Season, the Shiny Wrinkler does not wear a Santa hat or have stripes.
- During Halloween Season, the chance to get a Halloween cookie by popping a Shiny Wrinkler is slightly higher than popping a normal one.
|Cookie Clicker game mechanics|
|Cookies||Clicking • Buildings|
|General||Achievements • CpS • Milk • Golden Cookies • News Ticker • Options • Cheating|
|Upgrades|| Upgrades overview|
Multipliers: Flavored Cookies • Kittens
Research: Grandmapocalypse • Wrath Cookies • Wrinklers • Shiny Wrinklers
|Ascension||Ascension • Heavenly Chips • Challenge Mode|
|Seasons|| Seasons overview|
Valentine's Day • Business Day • Easter • Halloween • Christmas