|Prism icon in the shop|
|Initial Price||75,000,000,000 (2,300,000,000,000,000 in latest beta)|
|In-Game Description||Converts light itself into cookies.|
The Prism is a building added in v1.041. It is currently the most expensive building in the game. It has a base price of 75 billion (75,000,000,000) cookies, and its max CPS is 352,000,000 when fully upgraded. It currently has 6 upgrades, the most expensive of which costs 600 quintillion cookies. At 15 Prisms, you unlock the rainbow Grandma upgrade, which makes Grandmas twice as efficient.
The cost of buying 100 prisms is just over 587.1 quadrillion cookies. This jumps to 636.2 quintillion for 150 of them. To reach 200 of them, you need a massive 689.5 sextillion cookies. The most Prisms you can have (without cheating) is 4901, after which the price gets too high for the computer to process, and it says "Infinity". Even if you have infinity cookies (also caused by having too many cookies for the computer to process), you will still not be able to buy it (unless you cheat).
Purchasing 15 Prisms allows for the purchasing of a Grandma upgrade and a new Grandma type.
|Icon||Name||Quantity Needed||Price (cookies)||Description||ID #|
|Rainbow grandmas||15 prisms||7,500,000,000,000||Grandmas are twice as efficient.|
"A luminous grandma to sparkle into cookies."
- The caption below the first upgrade, Gem Polish, is a reference to the 1980's cartoon "Jem and the Holograms", where the line "Truly, Truly Outrageous" is sung during the theme song.
- Part of the flavor text for the Prism upgrade Gem Polish ("Truly, truly outrageous.") is a reference to the 1980s cartoon series Jem, specifically the opening theme. Some believe that it may also be a reference to the League of Legends champion, Taric, but in actual fact, this too is a reference to the theme from "Jem."
- The graphics of the prism may be a reference to Pink Floyd's "The Dark Side of the Moon" album cover.
- The News ticker message "Can't you sense the prism watching us?" refers to PRISM, a United States survelliance outed by Edward Snowden.
- The name of the last achievement, Praise the Sun, is a reference to a famous quote from the game Dark Souls.
- Inside of the code for the beta version of the game, you can find an achievement "The Dark Side of The Moon" with flavour text "oh god", which requires to have 1000 prisms. It is not added to the final game and Orteil left a commentary after it which says: "this is a joke I promise". Also it's name is a reference to Pink Floyd's song of the same name, much like the graphics of the Prism, as stated above.