Cookie Clicker has various options to stop your computer from melting into a pile of silicon and rainbow LEDs. Disabling these options may increase performance at the cost of reducing your enjoyment of the game.
To access the options, click on the "Menu" tab at the top.
- Save: (Formerly saved to cookies) Saves your game progress on your computer to local storage in your browser.
- Export save: Brings up your save string so you can copy it somewhere and import it later to continue the game.
- Import save: Paste your save string to continue your game.
- Reset: (Formerly called Soft Reset) Resets everything except Achievements and Golden Cookie clicks. The amount of cookies made all time is stored and Heavenly Chips are granted depending on that amount.
- Wipe Save: (Formerly called Hard Reset) Resets absolutely everything, including prestige, as if starting a completely new game.
- Volume: Adjust in-game volume.
- Fancy graphics: (Default is ON) Toggles fancy graphics, which includes shadows, shading, lighting, and the way cursors move around the Big Cookie.
- CSS filters: Adds drop shadows to all GUI elements with the icon class (upgrades, buildings, achievements, etc.)
- Particles: (Default is ON) Toggles particles, which includes the falling cookies in the background and the rotating light around the Big Cookie.
- Numbers: (Default is ON) Toggles display of the numbers when the Big Cookie is clicked.
- Milk: (Default is ON) Toggles display of the waves of milk.
- Cursors: (Default is ON) Toggles displaying the circle of Cursors.
- Wobbly cookie: Adds wobbling when the cookie shrinks/enlarges. (mouseover, mouseout, mousedown, mouseup)
- Alt cookie sound: Switch sounds the cookie makes when clicked.
- Icon crates: Displays boxes around upgrades and achievements when turned on.
- Alt font: Alternate number font for cookies in bank.
- Short numbers: (Default is ON) Toggles the quantity of cookies to be shown using the names of large numbers instead of an exact figure. Currently uses the "short scale" common in the US, Canada, and modern British.
- Fast notes: (Default is OFF) When enabled, the game notifications fade faster.
- Offline mode: (Default is OFF) Stops the game from trying to retrieve content from the internet. Currently this includes checking for new updates.
- Close Warning: (Default is OFF) The game will ask you to confirm when you close the window
- Focus: (Default is ON) The game will be less resource-intensive when out of focus (that is, when you are looking at a different window in your browser).
|Cookie Clicker game mechanics|
|Cookies||Clicking • Buildings|
|General||Achievements • CpS • Milk • Golden Cookies • News Ticker • Options • Cheating|
|Upgrades|| Upgrades overview|
Multipliers: Flavored Cookies • Kittens
Research: Grandmapocalypse • Wrath Cookies • Wrinklers • Shiny Wrinklers
|Ascension||Ascension • Heavenly Chips • Challenge Mode|
|Seasons|| Seasons overview|
Valentine's Day • Business Day • Easter • Halloween • Christmas