The Chancemaker is a building added in the 4 More Years update. It is currently the most expensive building in the game.
Purchasing 15 Chancemakers allows for the purchasing of a Grandma upgrade and a new Grandma type.
|Icon||Name||Quantity Needed||Price (cookies)||Description||ID #|
|Lucky grandmas||15 chancemakers and 1 grandma||Grandmas are twice as efficient. Chancemakers gain +1% CpS per 13 grandmas.|
"A fortunate grandma that always seems to find more cookies."
- The "Your lucky cookie" description of first cookie you've ever baked might be reference to Scrooge McDuck's Number One Dime, the first coin that Scrooge McDuck had ever earned.
- On Discworld, in areas with high background magic, flipped coins may do various weird things instead of landing on heads or tails.
- The achievement "Million to one shot, doc" references a quote from the TV sitcom Seinfeld.
- Although the name appears to be generic, the flavor text for the upgrade "Winning lottery ticket" refers to a scene in the game Fallout: New Vegas; in particularly, the delirious ramblings of the Powder Ganger Oliver Swanick.
- The upgrade "Improbability drive" reference the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books, which themselves are parodied in its description.
- The flavor text for the "Four-leaf clover field" upgrade refers to the titular monster of the similarly named film Cloverfield.
- The "Be a lady" achievement references the song "Luck Be A Lady" from the movie Guys and Dolls.
- The achievement "Ever in Your Favor" is a reference to The Hunger Games, namely the saying "May the odds be ever in your favor".
- Ironically, most of the prices for Chancemaker upgrades have to do with the number 13, which is a number that is stereotypically unlucky. This, of course, excludes the upgrade "Your Lucky Cookie", at 260 quadrillion (which is divisible by 13, however).
- This building has a fixed distance between each building on the X axis, similar with Antimatter condensers and Prisms. It's probably supposed to make it look like the Chancemakers are fixed to its background's vertical stone pillars.
|Buildings overview • Category:Buildings|