Business Day is a seasonal event in Cookie Clicker themed around business but set on April Fools' Day that was added on the 1.0413 update.
Since 1.0466 update Business Day season starts automatically and lasts from 31st of March to 2nd of April (from 30th of March to 1st of April for leap years).
Business Day is activated by purchasing the season switch upgrade "Fool's biscuit", which will launch it for 24 hours. The upgrade will unlock after unlocking the Season switcher for 1,111 Heavenly chips, that let you trigger seasonal events at will, for a price. The upgrade is repeatable, but will get twice as expensive every time you buy it or another season switch. It will also cancel any other seasonal event that is on at the time you click it.
When purchased, it will unlock all the features of the Business Day update, including a new dollar bill-themed background, dollar bill particle effects replacing the cookies falling in the background and appearing when clicking the Big Cookie, new news ticker messages (which replace all other ticker lines), Business Day-Golden Cookies (also known as "Contracts"), and (live as of v.2.002) a new Golden Cookie effect called "Everything must go", which makes all buildings 5% cheaper for 5 seconds.
If the Startrade heavenly upgrade has been purchased, Golden Cookies appear 5% more often during Business Day. Other than Startrade's effect and Everything must go, this season is purely aesthetic, and has no further impact on cookie production.
During the Business Day season, all of the building names and icons change in the shop. However, their in-game appearance does not change, and tool tip production information shows the original names. If Elder Pledge is purchased, the Oven icon turns back into the Grandma icon.
|Name||Business day name||Icon||Description|
|Cursor||Rolling pin||Essential in flattening dough. The first step in cookie-making.|
|Grandma||Oven||A crucial element of baking cookies.|
|Farm||Kitchen||The more kitchens, the more cookies your employees can produce.|
|Factory||Factory||Mass production is the future. Seize the day, and synergize!|
|Mine||Secret recipe||These give you the edge you need to outsell those pesky competitors.|
|Bank||Investor||Business folks with a nose for profit, ready to finance your venture as long as there's money to be made.|
|Temple||Like||Your social media page is going viral! Amassing likes is the key to a lasting online presence and juicy advertising deals.|
|Wizard tower||Meme||Cookie memes are all the rage! With just the right amount of social media astroturfing, your brand image will be all over the cyberspace.|
|Shipment||Supermarket||A giant cookie emporium - your very own retail chain.|
|Alchemy lab||Stock share||You're officially on the stock market, and everyone wants a piece!|
|Portal||TV show||Your cookies have their own sitcom! Hilarious baking hijinks on the cheesiest laughtrack.|
|Time machine||Theme park||Cookie theme parks, full of mascots and roller-coasters. Build one, build a hundred!|
|Antimatter condenser||Cookiecoin||A virtual currency, already replacing regular money in some small countries.|
|Prism||Corporate country||You've made it to the top, and you can now buy entire nations to further your corporate greed. Godspeed.|
Under Special, you would see:
Seasonal event: Business Day (Time Remaining)
Money made from selling cookies : $(Number of cookies baked this Ascension * 0.08)
TV show seasons produced : (Number of hours since session start * (Number of Portals*0.13)) + 1
- Stemming from its calendar placement, Business Day season is basically an April Fools' Day prank for players, changing the entire appearance of the game (making people think it is something special) but little of its actual functionality (psyche! gotcha!).
- The Cookiecoin is based on the Bitcoin, a cryptocurrency.
- Before v2 of Cookie Clicker, the "$" came after the number of cookies, instead of before, but that has since then been changed.
- This was most likely because Orteil is French, and the currency symbol ($,€,₹,…) is placed after the amount in French.
- Factory is the only building that wasn't renamed.
- The "Money made from selling cookies" statistic implies that every cookie is sold for $0.08 profit.
- If Business Day season is activated in the 1.051 beta, the three newly introduced buildings (the Bank, the Temple, and the Wizard Tower) are all called "Investment", and they all use the Rolling Pin icon that the Cursor uses. The description will say "You're not sure what this does, you just know it means profit."
- The "TV show seasons produced" stat only appears if you currently own at least one Portal.
- This is the only season to not have some form of collectable upgrades.
|Cookies||Clicking • Buildings|
|General||Achievements • CpS • Milk • Golden Cookies • News Ticker • Options • Cheating|
|Upgrades||Multipliers||Flavored Cookies • Kittens|
|Research||Grandmapocalypse • Wrath Cookies • Wrinklers • Shiny Wrinklers|
|Ascension||Prestige • Heavenly Chips • Challenge Mode|
|Seasons||Valentine's Day • Business Day • Easter • Halloween • Christmas|