When the cookie is clicked, It slightly decreases in size, produces a small cookie particle effect (as of v.1.0411), and displays a number that fades away while floating up to the top of the screen, this indicates how many cookies the player earned from clicking the cookie. These can be disabled in the settings.
When the players start the game, they have no cookies. The player must click the big cookie to gain more cookies, or wait until a Golden Cookie appears. Once the player has accumulated enough cookies, they can buy buildings and upgrades.
Mid-Game and End GameEdit
During mid-game to end game, the player should have many buildings and upgrades allowing them to obtain cookies quickly, which makes clicking the Big Cookie seem almost obsolete.
Cookie-Clicking Value Edit
Clicking the big cookie initially gives you 1 cookie per click. A number of upgrades increase this value, processed in the following order:
- First, Reinforced index finger adds +1 to the click value.
- Then, Carpal tunnel prevention cream and Ambidextrous each double the click value (separately, so having both of them multiplies your total by 4).
- Then, the bonuses from Thousand fingers/etc and Plastic mouse/etc are added to the click value.
- Then, Santa's helpers increases the click value by 10% (multiplies it by 1.1).
- Then, Cookie egg increases the click value by 10% (multiplies it by 1.1).
- Finally, if you're in a Click Frenzy, the click value is multiplied by 777.
Warning: May be disturbing for some.
It is possible to turn the cookie into a cookie with a grandma face on it by copying this code into the console:
To remove it without refreshing the page, use this code.
- The Neverclick achievement says that you have to earn 1 million cookies to earn it, but the True Neverclick achievement says that you have to earn 1,000,000 cookies, although it's the same amount.
- In the game's coding, the Big Cookie is referred to as the "Perfect Cookie", and the "Grandma Cookie" is referred to as the "Imperfect Cookie"